Detroit Watch Company Woodward Chronograph with Grey Dial
Worn very sparingly and in Mint Condition.
Comes on original unworn (OEM) Detroit Brown Calf Strap.
Selling Price: #1,895 (No Trades)
REDUCED TO $1,149.00
M1-Woodward Avenue is a highway notably referred to as Detroit's Main Street and follows the route of the old Saginaw Trail that linked Detroit with Pontiac, and at the time, Flint and Saginaw.
Woodward Avenue was created after a devastating fire in 1805 and is one of five principal avenues in Detroit devised by Augustus B. Woodward as part of a street plan intended to make Detroit the Paris of the West, by emulating it’s wide avenues.
Woodward Avenue was the location of the first mile of concrete roadway in the entire country and in 1970, bore the M1 designation. Woodward Avenue is synonymous with cruising. As early as 1848, carriage drivers would race up and down Woodward Avenue after the roadway was converted from logs to planks.
By 1958, Woodward Avenue was the place to be for unofficial car racing and today continues to celebrate Detroit’s automotive history with a Dream Cruise, taking place during August of each year.
The Detroit Watch Company celebrates Detroit’s M1-Woodward Avenue history with the introduction of the M1- Woodward® Chronograph series of exclusive automatic timepieces
The M1-Woodward® Timepiece as exclusively designed by the Detroit Watch Company. Polished 44mm case. Automatic self-winding movement with day date window. Crown with black and white Detroit Fleur-de-Lys. The Woodward chronograph caseback displays all cities Woodward Avenue crosses from Detroit to Pontiac. Calf Leather band with deployant clasp.
- Caliber: Swiss Valjoux Eta 7750 Automatic & Manual Winding 25 jewels. Chronograph. Shock-absorber-Incabloc. Nivarox Hairspring, Glucydure Balance. 28800 Vibrations Per Hour, 4Hz. 48-Hour Power Reserve
- Functions: Display by means of hands; hour, minute, second. Date display in window. min Subdial Counter, Hour Subdial Counter, Small Second Subdial, hour markings
- Case: 44 mm Diameter polished stainless steel, 14.5 mm Overall Height
- Crystal: Sapphire with Anti-Reflective Coating
- Water Resistant: 5 Atmospheres, 50m/165ft
- Dial: Black.Hour indexes, raised seconds subdial
- Strap: Calf Leather with Deployant Clasp and quick release spring bars
Built with by 60CLICKS — All Watch Images Copyright Their Respective Owners